These 8 Impact-driven Agrifoodtech Startups Join StartLife’s Sixth Acceleration Program
Let’s take a trip from the UK to Israel, via Austria and Switzerland, and back to the Netherlands for an introductory round to the eight innovative agrifoodtech startups that are embarking on a journey, in cooperation with StartLife, to make their sustainable mark on our planet.
- CellulaREvolution (United Kingdom) – Continuous cell-culturing technologies
- Metabolic Insights (Israel) – Novel biopesticides based on botanical molecules
- Enzymit (Israel) – Designing novel enzymes with computational algorithms
- Revo Foods (Austria) – Producing plant-based seafood with 3D food printing
- Sera Intelligence (Switzerland) – AI-driven horticultural consultant in your pocket
- Blomitec (Netherlands) – Breeding disease-resistant crops
- Cano-ela (Netherlands) – Plant-based ingredients less refined and more functional
- Helia Biomonitoring (Netherlands) – Sensors for real-time biomolecular monitoring
Preparing for early growth
These young startups are eager to show the world what they have to offer. “But before taking a plunge into the deep blue ocean, they wisely prepare themselves,” explains Loet Rammelsberg, program director of StartLife.
“In our 12-week acceleration program, we challenge the startups on every aspect of their business: their technologies, market validation and business model. We have a pretty stellar team of international trainers, coaches, mentors and leading corporates to support the startups. It can be confrontational at times, but we know that at the end of the program the participating startups are in a better position to successfully make their mark in the industry.”
Live virtual pitching event
On June 24th, the startups will present the outcomes of their acceleration program in fine-tuned pitches to a global agrifood community, including investors, corporates, media and other essential stakeholders. If you are interested in joining this ‘graduation day’, pre-register now to receive the formal invitation at a later date.
StartLife is one of Europe’s leading and longest running agrifoodtech startup accelerators, co-founded by Wageningen University & Research. StartLife offers business development support, top industry business mentors, non-dilutive funding and access to a global community of startups, investors, corporates and experts. Since 2010 the accelerator has supported over 300 agrifoodtech startups that have raised over €140 million follow-on capital.